Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word or OpenOffice file format.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; Times New Roman font, employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- For Research Article: Authors must check the EQUATOR Network, CONSORT and STROBE sites for any reporting guidelines that apply to the study design and ensure they include any required supporting information recommended by the relevant guidelines. Documentation (checklist) for specific studies should be uploaded as supporting information during manuscript submission.
- ORCID of all authors need to be submitted in the 'List of contributors' and/or the manuscript file.
- For Case Report: A Case Report consent form duly signed by the subject has to be submitted as supplementary information during manuscript submission.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
- In the 'Subtitle' field, please enter the 'Running title' for your article.
- A website link (URL) needs to be provided to all references for PubMed, PMCID, DOI and Full Text (all or as much as available). Please note that, without this we will not be able to move forward with processing your manuscript.
- Supplementary Files: Supplementary files listed below need to be submitted along with your manuscript. 1. Cover letter, 2. Declaration of authorship responsibility, financial disclosure, competing interest, copyright transfer, and acknowledgement, 3. Ethical Approval letter (for original research article) and 4. Appropriate reporting guideline checklist (for research article) as mentioned below.
- Please add all co-authors (in stage 3. Enter Metadata) in the list of contributors (add contributor) during the submission process. (Please note, you will not be able to add / modify to the list of authors later on and will need to notify the Editor-in-Chief about any changes later on via mail to JKMC).
- By submitting your manuscript to JKMC, you allow us to publish your work in print and online format. You may not submit your work anywhere else before it is decided by JKMC board as accepted or rejected. If in case you want to withdraw your manuscript due to any reason, it is mandatory to submit us a notice of withdrawal with reasons. If you become aware of a significant error or a need for some addition/deletion, please inform us via the portal as soon as possible. Please note that major correction will not be allowed when the final copy is sent to you for approval.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.